Fox & Co Design Job Posting
Senior Motion Designer
Reporting to Wellington Office / Remote Work
Fox & Co is looking for a Senior Motion Designer to join the team at Fox & Co. HQ in Wellington, New Zealand. This is a full-time position.
Established and headquartered in Wellington, New Zealand, Fox & Co is an animation studio that provides 2D, 3D, and VFX services to powerhouse brands and agencies around the globe.
Being part of the Fox & Co team gives you the opportunity to work for a company that cares about the passions, values, development, and contribution of each of our employees. Our people-centred team is founded on a culture of quality, accountability, boldness, and innovation. Our values are centred on each individual having ownership and leadership in their role so that together, we can grow as a team and as a company.
If you’re inspired by motion design and animation, work with high-profile international brands, take pride in your work, and have fun doing it, you’ll be a good fit for our team.
Your professional development needs will be supported through access to development funding to attend conferences, participation in online training taught by world-leading industry experts, and receiving in-house on the job training and mentoring.
Come and join our pack!
What you’ll be responsible for
As a Senior Motion Designer, you will be responsible for bringing creative briefs to life through motion design and animation. You will report directly to the Creative Director and Head of Production.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with the team on concepting client briefs, providing insights and lockups to contribute to proposal documents
- Interpret project briefs and deliver compelling work in support of the creative strategy
- Work with the Creative Director and Head of Production to complete jobs successfully on deadline and within budget scope
- Portray a diverse skill set across motion graphics and animation
- Successfully deliver your creative vision for projects proposed to client
- Produce outputs that are creatively exceptional
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet expectations and deadlines
- Work with Head of Production to quote and scope project briefs
- Stay up to date with industry trends, providing the team with references, styles, and techniques to push creative ideas
- Continuously implement new styles, techniques & technologies in your creative approach
- Contribute to studio culture and inspire others
- Promote a culture that reflects the organisation’s core values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years experience as a senior Motion Designer within a creative agency/studio, animation or motion design studio environment
- Strong verbal, written & visual communication skills
- Experience leading a small team of creatives, providing professional support, mentorship, and developing of creative team
- Exceptional storytelling skills
- An open-minded approach to interpreting project briefs
- A passion for motion design, with a continuous drive to push creative boundaries, employing new styles and technology
- A strong portfolio demonstrating high-quality creative and diverse content
- Natural problem solver who is solutions driven when dealing with technical issues and difficult feedback
- The ability to collaborate with and lead a creative team [both in studio and remote] in executing approved concepts
- Diligence to hit deadlines and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
- Ability to work calmly under tight deadlines within in a high-pressure environment
- Understand and apply team and client feedback in a tactful and constructive manner
- Impeccable time management skills to work towards production plans
- Expert-level knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite (specifically AfterEffects and Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Expert-level knowledge and experience in C4D is a must
- Be experienced in breaking down scripts, visualising creative approach and direction, storyboarding, illustration, multiple animation styles, recording voice overs, music sourcing, basic sound design, and sound mixing.
- Compositing and VFX experience is advantageous.
We’re only looking for applicants who have had direct experience as a Senior Motion Designer within a creative agency/studio environment.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/reel to email@example.com
Social Media Links