Mid level Motion Designer
Reporting to Wellington Office / Remote Work
Are you a storyteller with the urge to continuously push creative boundaries, a distinct eye for detail, and are passionate about putting your ideas in motion?
Fox & Co is looking for a mid-level Motion Designer to join the pack in our Wellington-based Studio.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Motion Designer with strong creative direction and leadership skills, is systematic and process driven, is a collaborator who takes pride in their own work as well as the work of their team, and is always up for a challenge! Taking ownership of their role, they will be adaptable and flexible to the requirements and needs of the project, not being afraid to push the creative boundaries and always looking to advance their own skills.
You’ll work closely with our Creative Directors, Senior Producer and creative team on projects from concept to delivery. As one of the mid/senior motion designers in our team, you’ll be responsible for leading, inspiring & supporting those around you.
- Collaborate with the team on concepting client briefs, providing insights and lockups to contribute to proposal documents
- Work with the Creative Director and Senior Producer to complete jobs successfully on deadline and within scope
- Successfully deliver your creative vision for projects proposed to client
- Oversee and guide creative talent as required, contributing to the growth and development of the team
- Work with Senior producer to quote and scope project briefs
- Stay up to date with industry trends, providing the team with references, styles and techniques to push creative ideas
- Continuously implement new styles, techniques & technologies in your creative approach
- Expert-level knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite (specifically AfterEffects and Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Be experienced in breaking down scripts, visualising creative approach and direction, storyboarding, illustration, multiple animation styles, recording voice overs, music sourcing, basic sound design and sound mixing.
- Experience in C4D is considered a bonus.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience as a mid to senior Motion Designer within a creative agency/studio environment
- Strong verbal, written & visual communication skills
- Experience leading a small team of creatives, providing professional support, mentorship, and developing of creative team
- Strong storytelling skills
- An open-minded approach to thinking about unique ways to tell clients' stories.
- A passion for motion design, with a continuous drive to push creative boundaries, employing new styles and technology
- A strong portfolio demonstrating high-quality creative and diverse content.
- Natural problem solver who is solutions driven when dealing with technical issues and difficult feedback
- The ability to brief the creative team [both in studio and remote] in executing approved concepts
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment both remotely and in the studio
- Diligence to hit deadlines and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
- Ability to work calmly under tight deadlines within in a high-pressure environment
- Understand and apply team and client feedback in a tactful and constructive manner
- Impeccable time management skills to work towards production plans
We’re only looking for applicants who have had direct experience as a Motion Designer within a creative agency/studio environment.
Job Status: Full Time, Contract
Location: Wellington Central, New Zealand
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org